Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Solitude

One of the most powerful things in this world is thought. It is as wonderful as it is dangerous, and it has changed the world time and time again.

I find that I like to avoid thought altogether. The less I think, the less trouble that I seem to get myself into. I focus on working, getting through the day, and finding my bed in the late hours of night to do the process all over again.

It's incredible how isolated time forces you to think.

I'm in an apartment on my own. I have roommates, but I really don't care to get to know them. My friends are away. My family is far away. Sara is gone to Disney.

I am all on my own, for really the first time.

I'm not alone, because God stands beside me. It's the difference between loneliness and solitude. I'm simply isolated from the world. With lots of time to think.

This gives me the ability, and better put, the opportunity to better myself over the next two months. That's all that I have been able to think about as of late. How who I am fall so short of who I can be. I can be great if I put my mind to it. And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I'm taking this summer and becoming the person who I know that I can be. When you close your eyes, and you see yourself as you always wished you would be; yeah, that's who I plan on being. No more being subpar. I can't do it. I'm focusing a lot on my music and my health this summer. I'm making my music so much better than it has ever been. And I'm getting really damn in shape.

I feel like, while the solitude is exceptionally painful, it is an opportunity that God has given to me. He knows my heart. He knows who I can be. I am here to serve him, and that is exactly what I plan on doing. I'm going to start stripping away the parts of me that I feel hold me back, like slothfulness and inactivity. I can't halfway do things anymore.

So, quite simply, I won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment