Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Incredible Saturday

Normally, I try and find a creative way to start these things. But today I can't think like that. I'm far to awestruck.

Do you ever have a God moment that absolutely brings you to your knees? It cripples you in a moment of incredible glory? That happened this morning, eating a bowl of rice crispies. Of all places.

This summer has been one long continuous stream of blessings. And over breakfast this morning, it hit me how stupidly blessed I have been this summer. My hands shake at the thought of it. My legs feel weak. Just an awesome wave of God's AWESOME glory. And the thing that get's me about it, is why? Of all people out there, surely there are people who deserve the amazing blessings that God has laid upon me this summer more than I do. I'm not always faithful and good; I stumble more than I would like to admit in every aspect of my life, and yet the God of the Universe decides to bless ME with the incredible things that He has?

Woah. 


This past Saturday feels like a pivotal point in my story. And it's when I really started to notice how much God has blessed me. See, Saturday was incredible for three big reasons. First, it was Justin and Molly's wedding. Go get 'em you two. They have an incredible future together, I just know it. And my second reason comes from that. I feel like Saturday officially marks the end of College Park for me, and everything it was to me. Everyone that was there, any reason I would have of going back is gone. This is bittersweet in a way, because there were some freaking fantastic times at Pontiac St. And I will never forget them. I made friends like Kevin, Justin, and Chris that have really meant a lot to me. But, with that place there also lies the person I used to be, who I claim no ownership for. He is dead and gone. And this Saturday was the last nail in that Coffin. And then, to top off the incredible Saturday, this incredible girl decided to make me extremely happy. Somehow a guy like me getting a girl like her. I swear I don't deserve her.

But that's what I'm saying. I don't deserve ANYTHING. At all. At my core, I have been a scumbag full of treachery and sin. and God loves me enough to bless me like he has? I am incredibly awestruck.

This summer has been incredible. God is blessing me daily. And moving into the semester will be the same way. One of my best friends will not only be stateside, but living with me. I have a job that I should not have. I have a girlfriend that, as aforementioned, is a blessing every single day I get to know her. My classes are easy, my friends are around me, my God loves me.

That's all I can ask for, at the end of the day. Literally, all that I want. Absolutely everything. How can one NOT be awestruck? 

No comments:

Post a Comment